19 November 2009
Travel: Indonesia 2009 (3 countries for less than PHP 15 thou)
The Republic of Indonesia is a country in Southeast Asia and Oceania. Indonesia comprises 17,508 islands. With a population of around 230 million people, it is the world’s fourth most populous country, with the world’s largest population of Muslims.
Batam is one of the largest islands in the Riau archipelago, and not long ago it was just another poor island with coastal villages and unspoiled nature.
Batam Island reminds me so much of the developing provinces of the Philippines (think developing provinces with a few small malls here and there) minus one hour. Yup, crossing the Malayan straight would require you to turn your wrist watches an hour late — you’ve just crossed a time zone.
Indonesian Coffee or Tea?
GO TO PLACES
Travel Date: Sept 14, 2009
Budget: PHP 15,000 (3 countries all in) + additional pocket money
Package inclusive of:
1. Return airport transfers (Airport/Hotel/Airport) on Sit-In-Coach basis.
2. 3 nights accommodation on hotel (inclusive of breakfast).
3. Half day Singapore City Tour on Sit-In-Coach basis.
4. Johore Bahru, Malaysia Tour (via bus)
5. Full day Batam Island Tour with lunch (Inclusive of return transfers to Harbourfront).
Others/Tip: Â Don’t “over-exchange.” Batam island merchants accept SG dollars anyway. Singaporean merchants do not accept Indonesian baht.
Explore the world we live in,
Add me in Facebook: mailovestoeatandtravel